As the saying goes, only after hardships and dangers could accomplishment be achieved. China’s lasting efforts to gain access to the Internet eventually succeeded on April 20...
- On May 17, Internet surfing was opened to the public on the Telecommunication Day
- In May, Zhang Shuxin founded the Info High Way
- On August 8, SMTH BBS was established
- In August, CAS "Hundred Institutes Network Connection" project kicked off
- In 1995, the first telecommunication reform made key progress
Internet was born in the field of scientific research, but displayed its advantages to the full in business. US, which was extremely sensitive to new economy of Internet information...
- On February 1, Interim Provisions on Administration of the International Networking of Computer Information Networks in the People's Republic of China (Decree No. 195 of the State Council) was promulgated
- In August, Zhang Chaoyang founded Aitexin, the predecessor of Sohu
- In April, the Stone Richsight launched SRSNET
- The book Being Digital by Nicholas Negroponte was published in China
By 1996, Internet was no longer exclusive to senior intellectuals, but displayed its nature as public infrastructure...
- In October, CHINANET realized interconnection with CSTNET, CERNET and CHINAGBN
- On June 3, China Internet Network Information Center was founded
- In June, Ding Lei founded NetEase
- On January 1, people.cn was launched
- On February 28, the State Council Informatization Office organized the Seminar on Digital Information Revolution
In 1997, Asian Financial Crisis broke out, sweeping across Asian countries. However, the severe macro environment didn’t stop development of China’s Internet industry...
- On March 6, China's first online transaction was completed
- On March 22, The First Intimate Contact started to be serialized online
- In March, Cheng Siwei submitted the Proposal on Accelerating Development of China's Venture Capital Undertaking
- In March, Ministry of Information Industry was established
Looking back at 1998, we can recall the fight against flood and disaster relief, the France World Cup and the bitter Indonesia riot. In the field of Internet...
- In September, China Merchants Bank comprehensively launched online banking service in China
- On May 18, first B2C e-commerce website 8848 was born
- On June 19, bbs.people.com.cn was launched
- On July 12, China's first dot-com concept stock china.com was traded publicly at NASDAQ
- On December 10, the first Miss China of Internet was born
In 1999, global Internet wave reached the peak. This year saw the largest size of IPO (initial public offerings) by US Internet companies and over 200 technology companies went public...